|[SP] Portal Stories Mel: Past Power 1.6
| Hello everyone,
We're very pleased to be able to share a demo level for Portal Stories: Mel!
This demo will show some of the content we have created so far this includes:
- One level to play
- Custom loading screens
- Custom main menu
This demo is around 70mb in size, so if you're reading this description before you downloaded the map, start downloading the map and return here
The Level included is called "Past Power". It's a level that takes place in a cave far underneath the modern apperture and features various gels and flings.
Difficulty : Medium
Size : Medium
Past Power has the difficulty and number we are aiming for in Portal Stories.
[bigspoiler=installation instructions]To install this map:
- Browse to your Steam\steamapps folder and check if you have a \sourcemods folder there. If you don't, create one.
- Unzip the file to your Steam\steamapps\sourcemods folder.
(When you did this you should have a portal_stories_demo folder in sourcemods. In this folder there should be various maps like cfg, maps and materials. If this folder has another portal_stories_demo in it instead of the other folders, cut the content from the portal_stories_demo/portal_stories_demo and place them in the steam/steamapps/sourcemods/portal_stories_demo folder.)
- If you want to use your normal portal 2 settings: copy from stteam/steamapps/common/portal 2/portal2/cfg the config.cfg and videodefaults.txt files and copy them to your Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\portal_stories_demo\cfg folder.
- RE-BOOT STEAM
- You should now have Portal Stories Demo on steam!
- Launch the game and enjoy![/bigspoiler]
Remove your steam/steamapps/sourcemods/portal_stories_demo and follow the installation instructions.
We really hope you enjoy this map!
[bigspoiler=Changes in version 1.2]- Fixed various graphical errors.
- Fixed a way where you can get stuck.
- Add a proper cube dispenser.
- Added proper fog
- Did some more optimization.
- Changed the damage done if you fall down.
- Changed the layout of the blue gel room.
- Fixed some clipping models.
- Added some models to make some parts of the level look better.
- Lowered the bridge a bit so it's easier to jump onto it![/bigspoiler]
[bigspoiler=Changes in version 1.1]- removed some of the files that weren't used in the demo. (therby reducing the file size with 20MB)
- Added a visual clue to what a certain button would do.
- Did some optimization improvements.
- Fixed a solution where you could stack two cubes, thereby bypassing the intended solution.
- Fixed a solution where you would only need one cube to solve the map.
- Hid a white surface from the outside to avoid confusion.
- Removed a confusing texture
- Removed a strange looking texture. Might be replaced when I've created a good looking alternative version [/bigspoiler]
The Portal Stories team:
Special thanks to:
- Skotty for custom models
- All the playtesters
- Every other person that was involved in the creation of this mod.
To Play These Maps:
Note: If you are having lighting issues, type "mat_fullbright 1" into the console and it should fix your problem. Just make sure to set it back to "mat_fullbright 0" when you're done!
- Save each map to the "C:\program files\steam\[steamid]\common\portal 2\portal2\maps" folder
- Unzip any that are zipped
- Run Portal 2
- Enable the developers console. You can do so through Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable Developer Console.
- Open the Developer Console by pressing ~ or ` (the key beside 1 and under escape)
- Finally type "map" (without quotes) then the name of the map, and press enter. For example: map some_map_name