|[SP] Wrecked 1.9
| SP_Wrecked is a fairly long singleplayer map using the destroyed Aperture theme.
This is the first map I've actually finished and I'm glad to finally be posting it here! It's a somewhat circular map and requires the player to look around and explore in order to complete the map and figure out what to do. You may find that some puzzles can't be solved until later.
The map does not use any twitch mechanics nor does it require extreme ninja timing. If you think you solved a puzzle in a way you're not supposed to I'd love to hear how!
I hope you'll enjoy playing it and I'm looking forward to any feedback!
A screenshot of the main area of the map: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/54179 ... F6EA7EFCB/
Solution video if you're stuck (some things can be solved differently/easier if you look at some videos in the thread but these are my intended solutions):
1.1 Uploaded new version that fixes sicklebrick's "cheat" allowing you to skip half the map.
- New version that removes some stuck spots and added fizzlers at spots so you can't lose your cube permanently.
- Fixed unintended solution at the turrets.
1.3 Had to reupload twice, site kept serving an old file for some reason.
1.4 Fixed exploit found by "Jacu" that allowed you to skip a puzzle completely.
1.5 Fixed a few more exploits and looking into making a few more things more clear.
1.6 Made the ventilator easier to use, you can now throw a cube at it. Added a broken window at the little side-hall at the start.
1.7 Made some surfaces unportable and changed a catapult in tube room to remove a shortcut.
1.8 Filename bug
To Play These Maps:
Note: If you are having lighting issues, type "mat_fullbright 1" into the console and it should fix your problem. Just make sure to set it back to "mat_fullbright 0" when you're done!
- Save each map to the "C:\program files\steam\[steamid]\common\portal 2\portal2\maps" folder
- Unzip any that are zipped
- Run Portal 2
- Enable the developers console. You can do so through Settings -> Keyboard -> Advanced -> Enable Developer Console.
- Open the Developer Console by pressing ~ or ` (the key beside 1 and under escape)
- Finally type "map" (without quotes) then the name of the map, and press enter. For example: map some_map_name